Hello Everyone!! Since Christmas is around the corner i decided to tell you all a little about our popular friend during this time of the year Peppermint Oil!! Below are a few quick uses 🙂
Indigestion: One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion is peppermint.
- Massage several drops on your abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe motion sickness or general nausea.
- Drinking mint tea has long been the antidote to an upset stomach.
- Inhaling peppermint oil is also said to help curb the appetite by triggering a sense of fullness.
Colds/Congestion: Menthol provides effective relief from many respiratory problems including nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and the common cold and cough.
- Massage 2-3 drops (along with a carrier oil) onto chest or drop into a humidifier to help clear sinus and lung congestion.
- If you’re head is feeling stuffed or you can’t stop coughing, try a peppermint essential oil steam. Pour boiling water into a metal or glass bowl, and add a few drops of essential oil (eucalypus and rosemary are good combinations with peppermint). Drape a towel over your head and position your face 10-12 inches above the bowl and breathe in the steam.
Headache: Peppermint oil is terrific to keep on hand at your desk or in your purse, especially if you are prone to headaches. The use of this oil has also been known to effectively lessen tandem symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to noise and sensitivity to light.
- With a small amount of almond or other carrier oil and a drop of peppermint oil, rub on your temples, forehead, over the sinuses (avoid contact with eyes), and on the back of the neck to help soothe headache and pressure. When applied topically, peppermint oil leaves a soothing, cooling sensation that tends to work wonders.
Stress: Like many other essential oils, peppermint is able to provide relief from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature. It is also effective against feeling anxious and restless.
- For stress relief, the combination of peppermint, lavender and geranium essential oils added to a warm bath help relieve stiffness while absorbed through the skin.
- Try aromatherapy by using a candle lamp diffuser with essential oils.
Energy/Alertness: Peppermint oil powerfully affects and improves mental clarity and raises energy levels. If you’re trying to cut back on caffeine, this may be a blessing to your mid-afternoon lull.
- Rub a drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room to improve concentration and accuracy.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders repeatedly to keep energy levels up during the day.
- Inhale before and during a workout to help boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
Sore Muscles: Because peppermint oil has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties, it not only can relieve pain and inflammation but can also calm the spasms that cause muscle cramps.
- When using Olba’s oil as massage oil (a combination of essential oils including peppermint), it has the remarkable ability to stimulate circulation at the surface of the skin by opening up the skin pores and bringing a soothing warm feeling to tired muscles and joints. This oil can also be used as a spot treatment for a quick effect.
And the list of uses goes on….
- If you have a problem with ants in your house, leave a peppermint soaked cotton ball in their pathway. They’re not big fans of mint and you’ll have the nice aroma lingering in your home!
- For tired aching feet, add a few drops to a foot bath for some relief of sore, swollen and overworked feet!
- Give your trash can area a break and add a few drops to the bottom for a pleasant minty aroma.
Hope that was informational!! Merry Christmas Everyone 🙂
A] They are better for your skin! What you put on your skin eventually ends up in your body. Certified organic products are made with ingredients that are grown free of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and genetically modified organisms. They also don’t include harmful additives such as petroleum waxes, fillers and artificial chemicals. Simply put, certified organic products are completely healthy and natural, synthetic alternatives are not.
B] They work better! Think of beauty products like food. In today’s world, there are a lot of synthetic, or “fake” ingredients used in food processing. But if you go to a high-end restaurant, you generally won’t find “fake” ingredients on the menu. Top chefs know that creating a top-quality meal requires top-quality ingredients. They don’t use artificial flavors in their cooking, because real spices and fresh herbs create a finer, more exquisite taste. Producing a beauty product is not much different. Certified organic beauty products work better simply because they are made with superior ingredients.
C] They are better for the environment! Therefore you reduce your carbon foot print 🙂 Organic farming eliminates the use of synthetic chemicals and fertilizers, all of which have a destructive effect on our water, soil and health. Organic plants are also grown without the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), as they may pose a significant threat to both human and environmental health. Therefore, through looking out for your own health, you’re also helping to protect our fragile ecosystem. That is what they call a “win-win” situation.
Shopping for gifts is always difficult, as you never really know if someone is going to actually like your gift. But who wouldn’t be happy with the gift of exquisite skin? The Tatcha Ritual Kiri Gift Box packs all of the skin-care essentials into a precious, wooden, Japanese keepsake box, custom-made by an artisan shop in Tokyo. Complete with one-step cleansing oil, rice-enzyme powder, deep-brightening serum, moisture-rich silk cream, and beauty papers, this is all one needs to accomplish a perfect complexion. It will make a wonderful gift for even the most fastidious skin fanatic, or a treat just for yourself! A gift that truly keeps on giving, the Ritual Kiri Gift Box is available now, for oily, normal, and dry skin, on Tatcha’s Web site.
Hollywood dermatologist Jessica Wu may have just been born gorgeous, but she is a physician who cares deeply about beauty and generously shares the secrets to good skin both with her book, Feed Your Face, which provides nutritional advice for achieving a younger-looking complexion, and with a cosmeceutical line. Dr. Jessica Wu is a luxurious collection of creams and sun products that combine ancient Chinese botanicals with modern Western potions. It’s yin and yang in action on the face, and the results are pure Zen. Don’t be fooled by the fluffy texture of her Dew Cream; this is serious stuff, with powerful pore-minimizing capabilities. The White Peony Eye Contour Cream packs a great deal of moisture to the delicate eye area, but absorbs readily, making it a great base for makeup. The Refining Cleanser contains glycolic acid, to create improved texture and lovely suds along the way.
This is a British skincare brand founded in 2007 by Sarah Brown who suffered form sensitive skin. It is a familiar story but i still decided to try out two of their products: Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Sensitive Skin Cream and the Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil.
I definitely think these guys know what they are talking about when it comes to sensitive skin! I had zero irritation, my dry skin was well hydrated and the natural floral scent was not irritating!
I also had a male friend try out the Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil and it worked perfect as a pre-shave oil. Providing decent coverage. Worked as a post-shave hydrator as well.
This is a beautiful skincare line, smells very fresh and natural. Here is a little bit from their website
An extra rich emollient day cream made with a penetrating complex of sea algae extract, white willowbark, milk thistle, liposome encapsulated antioxidant vitamins, and pure essential oils or neroli, lavender, and Queen Anne’s Lace. Formulated scientifically to protect extremely dry or mature skin, and enhance the performance of sun screens in makeup
I decided to try it out because they are a 100% organic skincare line! Something that is rare to find these days. They use a lot of exotic ingredients and the products are reasonably priced [which makes me happy]. The official website does not give full ingredient listing but all products have them listed!
Now if you are looking for a powerful anti-wrinkle cream this line would not be your best bet. Then again, finding a powerful anti-wrinkle line that is organic as well is pretty much impossible! So give this line a try! definitely working for my skin so far 🙂