Hello Everyone!! Since Christmas is around the corner i decided to tell you all a little about our popular friend during this time of the year Peppermint Oil!! Below are a few quick uses 🙂
Indigestion: One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion is peppermint.
- Massage several drops on your abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe motion sickness or general nausea.
- Drinking mint tea has long been the antidote to an upset stomach.
- Inhaling peppermint oil is also said to help curb the appetite by triggering a sense of fullness.
Colds/Congestion: Menthol provides effective relief from many respiratory problems including nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and the common cold and cough.
- Massage 2-3 drops (along with a carrier oil) onto chest or drop into a humidifier to help clear sinus and lung congestion.
- If you’re head is feeling stuffed or you can’t stop coughing, try a peppermint essential oil steam. Pour boiling water into a metal or glass bowl, and add a few drops of essential oil (eucalypus and rosemary are good combinations with peppermint). Drape a towel over your head and position your face 10-12 inches above the bowl and breathe in the steam.
Headache: Peppermint oil is terrific to keep on hand at your desk or in your purse, especially if you are prone to headaches. The use of this oil has also been known to effectively lessen tandem symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to noise and sensitivity to light.
- With a small amount of almond or other carrier oil and a drop of peppermint oil, rub on your temples, forehead, over the sinuses (avoid contact with eyes), and on the back of the neck to help soothe headache and pressure. When applied topically, peppermint oil leaves a soothing, cooling sensation that tends to work wonders.
Stress: Like many other essential oils, peppermint is able to provide relief from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature. It is also effective against feeling anxious and restless.
- For stress relief, the combination of peppermint, lavender and geranium essential oils added to a warm bath help relieve stiffness while absorbed through the skin.
- Try aromatherapy by using a candle lamp diffuser with essential oils.
Energy/Alertness: Peppermint oil powerfully affects and improves mental clarity and raises energy levels. If you’re trying to cut back on caffeine, this may be a blessing to your mid-afternoon lull.
- Rub a drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room to improve concentration and accuracy.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders repeatedly to keep energy levels up during the day.
- Inhale before and during a workout to help boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
Sore Muscles: Because peppermint oil has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties, it not only can relieve pain and inflammation but can also calm the spasms that cause muscle cramps.
- When using Olba’s oil as massage oil (a combination of essential oils including peppermint), it has the remarkable ability to stimulate circulation at the surface of the skin by opening up the skin pores and bringing a soothing warm feeling to tired muscles and joints. This oil can also be used as a spot treatment for a quick effect.
And the list of uses goes on….
- If you have a problem with ants in your house, leave a peppermint soaked cotton ball in their pathway. They’re not big fans of mint and you’ll have the nice aroma lingering in your home!
- For tired aching feet, add a few drops to a foot bath for some relief of sore, swollen and overworked feet!
- Give your trash can area a break and add a few drops to the bottom for a pleasant minty aroma.
Hope that was informational!! Merry Christmas Everyone 🙂
2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs almond oil
2000 IU vitamin E [D-Alpha Tocopherol]
100Thousand USP units vitamin A
1-2 drops of your favourite perfume [optional]
Pour the oils into a small jar or empty bottle. Take 10 gelcaps of vitamin E (200 IU ea) and 4 caps vitamin A (25,000 units ea). Puncture the capsules with a needle, and squeeze out the contents into your container. Perfume (optional). Close and shake well, keep in the refrigerator.***NOTE: if you opt for perfume, you must use the real thing, NOT cologne.
This formula is especially useful for those who have badly deteriorated complexion and prematurely aged or dry lifeless skin. The healing, nourishing and beautifying oils of this formula fortified with vitamins A & E will feed your skin with nutrients it needs and helps to revitalize and restore it’s normal activity. It is also an excellent topical application for hemorrhoids and many skin disorders, particularly in acne, eczema and psoriasis. The most effective way to use this formula is in the evening before going to bed, after washing the target area well. Massage in just a few drops and let soak in overnight.
Founder of Intelligent Nutrients is all about natural skincare products! His line is now down to an almost 100% organic formula, using several ingredients from plants that he grows on his own estate in Wisconsin.
Visit their website! it has a lot of amazing information:
A] They are better for your skin! What you put on your skin eventually ends up in your body. Certified organic products are made with ingredients that are grown free of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and genetically modified organisms. They also don’t include harmful additives such as petroleum waxes, fillers and artificial chemicals. Simply put, certified organic products are completely healthy and natural, synthetic alternatives are not.
B] They work better! Think of beauty products like food. In today’s world, there are a lot of synthetic, or “fake” ingredients used in food processing. But if you go to a high-end restaurant, you generally won’t find “fake” ingredients on the menu. Top chefs know that creating a top-quality meal requires top-quality ingredients. They don’t use artificial flavors in their cooking, because real spices and fresh herbs create a finer, more exquisite taste. Producing a beauty product is not much different. Certified organic beauty products work better simply because they are made with superior ingredients.
C] They are better for the environment! Therefore you reduce your carbon foot print 🙂 Organic farming eliminates the use of synthetic chemicals and fertilizers, all of which have a destructive effect on our water, soil and health. Organic plants are also grown without the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), as they may pose a significant threat to both human and environmental health. Therefore, through looking out for your own health, you’re also helping to protect our fragile ecosystem. That is what they call a “win-win” situation.
Dealing with sensitive skin can be a daily chore, especially if everyday skincare products leave your skin feeling irritated or cause something worse, like an itchy rash. Sadly, having sensitive skin means that you’ll always have to be a bit more selective with your skincare product choices, but once you understand what you’re looking for – and what to avoid – the task will become less of a hassle.
The following ingredients should always be avoided when shopping for sensitive skincare products:
Glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is a member of the alpha hydroxy acid family. These acids are derived from foods such as citrus fruits, sugar cane, and apples. When used in skincare products, glycolic acid is a powerful exfoliator that unclogs pores and leaves skin smoother and firmer – however, it can be extremely harsh for sensitive skin. Instead, try lactic acid, an ingredient derived from sour milk.
Chemical sunscreen ingredients. Not all sunscreens are created equal. Mineral sunscreens, which contain “physical” ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, are ideal for sensitive skin. Unlike typical sunscreen ingredients that are absorbed into the skin, mineral formulas stay on the skin’s surface, providing superior protection without the irritation.
Retinoids. These vitamin A derivatives are hailed as one of the best ways to treat signs of premature aging and achieve smoother, healthier skin. Unfortunately, they are often too aggressive for sensitive complexions. Skip the prescription-strength retinoids and opt for a very mild over-the-counter retinol formula; look for one specifically targeted for sensitive skin.
Benzoyl peroxide. Unfortunately, many acne treatments will leave skin looking worse than the acne blemishes themselves. Benzoyl peroxide is a common ingredient found in acne treatment products, but it’s suited for oilier, more resilient complexions. Instead, try a lower-strength salicylic acid formula, which will gently unclog pores and smooth out the skin – ideal for aging complexions as well.
Artificial fragrances or coloring. When it comes to sensitive complexions, less is more. Your best bet is to choose simple products that don’t include additives like fragrances or artificial coloring – especially if you have a condition like eczema or rosacea. Most products without additives will specify on the label, but be wary of products that say “unscented;” oftentimes this only means that the company has added another ingredient to mask the product’s actual smell. “Fragrance-free” products are common; also look for hypoallergenic, preservative-free or products without synthetic dyes, sulfates or parabens, which can also cause reactions in some individuals.
Shopping for gifts is always difficult, as you never really know if someone is going to actually like your gift. But who wouldn’t be happy with the gift of exquisite skin? The Tatcha Ritual Kiri Gift Box packs all of the skin-care essentials into a precious, wooden, Japanese keepsake box, custom-made by an artisan shop in Tokyo. Complete with one-step cleansing oil, rice-enzyme powder, deep-brightening serum, moisture-rich silk cream, and beauty papers, this is all one needs to accomplish a perfect complexion. It will make a wonderful gift for even the most fastidious skin fanatic, or a treat just for yourself! A gift that truly keeps on giving, the Ritual Kiri Gift Box is available now, for oily, normal, and dry skin, on Tatcha’s Web site.